SHARE YOUR FINANCIAL GIFTS
Tithing and other proportional giving are spiritual disciplines that help us put God first in our lives. Throughout scripture, we are reminded of the importance of giving back a portion of what God has so generously provided.
How Much Should We Give?
The United Methodist Church teaches the importance of tithing for our financial giving. A tithe, recognized by virtually all Biblical scholars, is 10%. Circumstances may not allow you to give 10% at this time, but being a faithful steward means looking at intentionally giving a percentage of your income. Through prayer look for God to direct your way.
How Can We Give?
Shandon has several ways you can give to God’s work through your tithes and offerings.
- Give by Cash or Check in the offering plates on Sunday mornings.
- Mail or drop-off a check in the business office.
- Give Online on the Shandon homepage.
Go to Online Resources in Center Menu Bar and click Give Online.
- Use Online Bill Pay provided by your bank.
- Set-up Automatic Drafts from your account by contacting your bank.
- Text-to-Give: Through our ACS database. When you use this service, you will receive easy, walk-through instructions, you can choose the account to apply your donation, and you will receive a confirmation receipt.
HOW TO USE:
AND AMOUNT (with a space and no dollar sign, ie: Sumc 25)
And follow the prompts
- Arrange for a Planned Gift through the Shandon United Methodist Foundation. The Shandon Foundation is a non-profit, charitable, religious, tax-exempt entity, which receives and invests contributions as an endowment to benefit Shandon United Methodist Church. Gifts to the Foundation serve the needs and ministries of the church during our lifetime, as well as future generations.
If you have any questions about financial gifts, contact Nancy Probst, Business Administrator, at 256-8383, ext. 107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.